About the Rotary Coordinator Program

Friday, June 29, 2012

Closing Post - Thank You

Dear Rotarians,

This will be my last post as editor of Rotary Resources & The Zone 33-34 Membership Blog, the largest, non-Rotary.org, website in the world dedicated to Rotary issues.

June 30, 2012 will conclude 8 years of my working above the district level with Rotarians and Rotary leaders on issues of Membership and Strengthening Clubs. I thank you for the opportunity to serve in the capacities of Assistant RIMZC, RI Membership Zone Coordinator, RI Membership Coordinator and lastly as Rotary Coordinator.

I believe that Rotary is truly a force for good in the world, and as many have said, I have certainly gotten more out of my volunteer experience than I ever put into it. I believe that significant understanding and progress has occurred during this time period. Rotary still faces challenges, but we can, and must, overcome them, so that Rotary lasts into the next century. Many dedicated leaders will continue to fight the good fight, so that our clubs will thrive, the service to our communities will continue, and our Foundation will continue to meet needs around the world.

I especially thank Rotary leaders who had the confidence in me to entrust these roles to me, such as prior RIMZC Joe Ferguson, my first "boss", RI Directors I have worked with- Ken Morgan, Milt Jones, Barry Rassin, Eric Adamson, and John Smarge- and my stalwart compatriots from Zone 34 serving in like positions, Jim Henry and Marcy Ullom. Jim, in particular, has been a great friend, mentor, and fellow lover of Rotary. Lastly, my team of ARCs has been outstanding for the past several years, including Tim Mannix, Abe Clymer, Nancy Barbee and Jim Probsdorfer. Who ya gonna call? Any of them - to get the job done!

The new RC will be Paula Matthews from District 7770 in South Carolina. I know you will continue to support her efforts to strengthen Rotary Clubs across our Zone.

As for me, I will continue working with The Rotary Leadership Institute and my District, as opportunities for service arise. Again, thanks for the opportunities to serve.
-- 
Bevin
PDG Bevin Wall
Rotary Coordinator, Zone 33, 2010-12

2 comments:

  1. This will be my last post as editor of Rotary Resources & The Zone 33-34 Membership Blog, the largest, non-Rotary.org, website in the world dedicated to Rotary issues.

    Corrugated Carton Box Maker
    Rottery Slotter Machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job! Very impressive.
    Thank you.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete