- Confirm your invitation in writing,
- Advise what equipment you have readily available and request advice on what the speaker needs,
- Invite them to send their presentation to you in advance for loading onto a computer prior to the meeting,
- Request a copy of your Speakers introductory bio prior to the meeting and provide this to the Chair to ensure a “suitable introduction”,
- Provide both the Chairs contact details and your contact arrangements,
- Ask if they have any dietary or other requirements,
- Send a reminder email / telephone call to your speaker two or three days before to check that all is in order,
- Advise them about parking at the venue; reserve a space and arrange to meet them on arrival,
- Chair to be at the meeting early to welcome your Guest Speaker.
- Have a name badge ready for your Guest and ensure the Greeting team knows not to ask them to pay, but to welcome them and introduce immediately to the Chair for the meeting,
- Promote the Guest Speaker in your lead up Club Newsletter,
- President to advise members of the Guest Speaker for next meeting; a great tip,
- Consider who is the most appropriate Chair for the meeting; who has a link to the topic or speaker,
- Have a suitable gift for the Speaker; have you considered a Framed Certificate with a donation to The Rotary Foundation or something personal for the speaker,
- Seek written approval of the speaker to take their photograph and use content of their presentation on your club website and club newsletter,
- Forward a copy of your Club Newsletter which features the Guest Speaker as a final thank you.
- Speakers appreciate being met in the parking lot, and then seeing their presentation opening slide already showing on the screen, and being seated at a reserved space at their table, with a special friend or key contact seated beside them.
About the Rotary Coordinator Program
The Rotary Coordinator's mandate is to help implement the RI Strategic Plan in districts & clubs. More on the RC's Specific Duties.
Links: * Home * Zone 33-34 Membership Blog * The Roving Rotarian * Membership * Training * Leadership * Strategic Planning * Community Service * Global Service * RI Programs * Public Relations * District Support * District Best Practices * Polio Eradication * Available Presentations * Club Best Practices *